
So I just realized two days ago that our blog was supposed to be about something so that people can follow along, and after realizing that I really don't have that much to write about too many topics, I decided to write about horseback riding and training a horse named Bella.
First of all friends, let me introduce you to Bella! That's us there, jumping that yellow jump last summer at a horse show. She came to my farm last April for me to ride and train for showing, and she's been quite a handful seeing as her strength is unlike any other horse that I've ridden. When she's excited or nervous, she thinks it's a great idea to try and rip my arms out of their sockets.
So I had a pow-wow with my coach last night and decided that I'm going to be competing in a show on Feb. 7th, so I've really gotta pull it together quickly to make sure we do okay in this. I'm not expecting to win anything, my goal is to get around the course as smoothly as possible.
For those of you who aren't familiar, I've been riding since I was 5, coached since I was 17, and have competed nationally with a horse named Nate. (I just tried uploading a picture of him and have no idea where it's going, but he should be wearing white wraps, or 'polos' around his legs) Since going to university, I began riding only in summers and on school breaks and training younger or inexperienced horses.
So yeah, that's about it for now. Yesterday after the meeting with my coach, I rode Bella and she was really quite nice. A little too strong, forward and energetic, but afterwards we went on a trail in the snow with one of the lessons I used to teach. The kids were really cute and excited because I was going with them and their new instructor, and the horses were loving it! They picked up their hooves really high to get through the snow and felt like they were floating when they trotted... a great way to end the day.

you forgot to tell your readers that you are a horse-whisperer sara! I love your blog and I love hearing your horsy stories. Please write about mr magoo the babysitter, I like him. xoxox
ReplyDelete